Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Junior League

It’s official, I am now a member of the Junior League! I have wanted to join since I was a little girl and my next door neighbor was a member. Every year they have a huge holiday gala and I just loved watching her get ready for it when I babysat for her. For the longest time I couldn’t because I was a committee member for another volunteer organization, and because I guess I was too nervous to join, silly I know. But this year my friend I grew up with is the President and she invited me to come to a meet and greet party last night and it was so fun! I met so many nice ladies and a lot of them work at the same company as I do, just at a different campus.

We all met at the Melting Pot, for martinis, cheese fondue and chocolate fondue, yummy!!! We learned all about the organization, what they do for our community, all the fun activities and socials and best of all all the ladies who are members or want to be members. Everyone was so nice and I can’t wait for the next social September 3rd.


The yummy Blueberry cheesecake martini I had! It had graham cracker crumbs on the rim, so good!!

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Congrats! You will love the League. Truly one of the best organizations ever!

Kate Spears said...

oh this is wonderful! i have never belonged to the league, but i'm an avid jr. league cookbook collector and rummage sale supporter (that's my town chapter's big event). also, how jealous am i of your vegas trip? hmmmm, let's go with very jealous! but i hope you have a blast! xoxo