Thursday, November 13, 2008

Change...

So I found out last week I needed to get on a new program at work, I got called about an interview Tuesday morning for Tuesday afternoon, then got an email Tuesday night telling me to start the new program Wednesday morning at a brand new location (good thing I happened to check my email at home that night). So in a matter of two days I have a new program, a new role, a new office at a brand new location...crazy!! I hate change, I love my routines, and even if something has to change I like a lot of warning to prepare myself for it. Its all the little things, new drive to work, have no idea where a microwave is, no free sparkling water at this campus...and the worse part of all...this program is only for 4 weeks...I start yet another program in December. I guess I shouldn't complain, I still have a job and its still with the same company, changing programs only changes what work you are doing and for who, it doesn't change compensation or benefits. Sometimes I think that its neat that you can do so many diverse jobs all at one company, but for someone who hates change 6 programs in 5 years is a lot to handle.

No comments: