Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday Weekend Recap

What a great birthday weekend! In my family birthdays are always spread out.

This years birthday celebration started on Tuesday with my best girls, way to many hors d'oeuvres, pomegranate martinis, ice cream cake, and Taboo. Good times!!

Friday I took a very very long lunch, Starbucks first, then some shopping...I had a lot of savings cards from Ann Taylor Loft that were burning a hole in my pocket (code 8940012 to get $25 off a $50 purchase, even on clearance!!). I also wanted to hit up some stores to get some nice fall decorations for the house, Kirkland's, and Target had plenty! Great deals too!! Then Panera for some lunch and back to the office. After work I went shopping for some new jeans and mineral makeup then we went out to dinner and Dan watched the Ryders Cup.

Saturday at 12am I was woken up for my first "Happy Birthday", of course I went back to bed then was woken up again around 8:30am with blueberry pancakes and fresh squeezed orange juice, yummy! After eating and getting ready it was present time, my main gift from Dan (my boyfriend of two years) was a new fancy grill and cover, this has been on my list to get for a while, I also got a DVD of Jim Gaffigan(he is just too funny, if you haven't seen him yet you have to!!), season 4 of The Office (that came with a Rabies Run t-shirt, wrist band, and water bottle...hehe!), windshield wiper blades (so practical and I really needed them, what a guy!) and last but not least a spa package with mani/pedi, massage, and facial at my favorite spa.

After presents we went to my favorite sports bar Coasters to watch college football and try an "Only A Rated" beer sampler, and a ridiculously good bacon cheese burger (you can be bad on your birthday). Then to the gourmet grocery store Green Turtle, so Dan could pick up ingredients for my birthday dinner. Home to rest up and talk to friends calling to wish me a happy birthday, then my wonderful dinner of macadamia nut mahi-mahi, brown rice salad, and asti. What a wonderful day!

Now the family birthday! Sunday we went over to my parents house around noon for heavy hors d'oeuvres (I see a pattern), swimming and watching football. Lots of great family time with my sister and her little girls, 2 and 4, more presents and one of my favorite meals, chicken cordon bleu. After the long day and weekend we crashed in bed!

What a great weekend!

No comments: