Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend!


What a busy busy Easter weekend, we had three Easter celebrations to attend and man were we tried at the end of the weekend! My weekend started Friday afternoon after going into work for a little bit on my day off, I got my nails done, ran a ton of errands for another baby shower I am hosting, my friend Amy's this time, got my hair done, then went to a new very chic restaurant River Rocks. Favorite parts, the seafood bisque, the cucumber basil martini (sounded interesting and was awesome!), the little sweet potato banana donuts with chocolate dipping sauce, and the new decor/atmosphere, use to be regular river front restaurant decor when it was Chowders, now its super modern and chic! So nice!! We will be returning!

Saturday morning we got up early to go shopping for new Easter outfits and the ingredients for all of our contributions. After getting ready and cooking zucchini bread and sweet and sour meatballs we headed over to Lake Buena Vista to my Aunt and Uncles house for the first Easter Celebration. Great food, an Easter egg hunt for my nieces and cousin's little boys, watermelon martinis and a huge dessert assortment. Good times! Home late and right to bed!

Sunday up early to go to my grandma's to pick her for the second Easter celebration at my parents house. When we got there my nieces we already in their bathing suits ready to swim, we had a nice day of relaxing by the pool, yet another Easter egg hunt, my quiches, honey baked ham and turkey, macaroni and cheese, a spring salad and yummy rolls to make ham sandwiches. I have to say I am getting really good at hiding eggs!

After leaving my parents we got home just in time to change and bake my squash casserole for our Easter Dinner at Amy and Jai's. Amy always puts together great dinners with everyone contributing something and her going all out! There was 11 of us this night so we had lots to choose from and Jai made a whole turkey in their new oilless fryer, it was amazing! I couldn't believe it, an oilless fryer?? So neat! After our great evening with friends, Danny and I literally crashed into bed! What a weekend!! I hope all of you had a great Easter and weekend also!

No comments: