Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Closets!


I love a well organized, brightly colored closet, I have saved pictures for years of ones I just dream about having...









I guess I kept thinking if I saved enough pictures it would inspire me to create one.

When I bought my house it had a converted patio that was turned into two rooms additional rooms for the house, an office and sitting room, neither are under air but since the living room is open and it has a ceiling fan the sitting room is fine, not so much for the office, too hot to sit in during the summers in Florida, so I started converting it into a closet since it was off my bedroom anyways. I have been doing it gradually, pretty half-hearted and not really putting much into it besides hanging rods and some handmedown shelves, but I decided that I will be doing it for real now.


I picked out the paint colors using Valspar's paint a virtual room and picked them up this past weekend. What do you think? They are a little bold but since most of the walls will be covered with hanging clothes and shelves and since its just a closet, I thought bold and bright was okay.

Then I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics to find fabric for the curtain...of course the ones I like are the two week special order ones, so I will have to wait. So far these are the four I like...





*I started painting this past weekend, a little bright, but hopefully it looks good once everything is complete.
*Once I decide on the fabric I have to special order it and then create a cornice/curtain for the one window.
*Have to Refinish the handmedown shelves, and small dresser.
*Put up rods, wall shelves and shoe shelves and then get everything back in and organized.
*I already have two brown and teal ottomans/storage boxes from Target and some shelf bins I got for Christmas from Lowe's to help decorate and organize.
Hope it all comes together!

No comments: