Monday, June 28, 2010

A little piece of my childhood


Everyday I listen to a playlist at work, since I am on the computer the entire day. On my playlist there are 2 Carole King songs, Where you Lead, which I came to love because of Gilmore Girls and So Far Away, listening to those the other day got me thinking about the Carole King sung special Really Rosie that I use to love when I was little, so I jumped on Amazon to try to find it and that got me started on a childhood books by back session that lasted three days searching for books that I loved when I was little and can no longer find. Because my sister is a teacher and has three little ones she got most of the children's books we had I think, but I was able to replace some of my favorites and even got a few videos, yes videos we loved. Here are some of the ones I got... The collection that inspired Really Rosie special by Maurice Sendack.


Two books, the cd, and the original video of Lyle Lyle Crocidile. I use to watch this all the time on HBO as a little girl, but never had the book. Danny had never heard of it so we will be watching the video soon.



Beatrix Potter Collection, I love the pictures in these, really any story with little animals in sophistcated outfits!


Strega Nona is such a great story!


Some Christmas Favorites, this one even has the scratch and sniffs that smell good still.


No comments: