Monday, June 8, 2009

New Puppy!

Ever since I lost my dog back in January 2006 to my ex I have wanted a new one, but since I was driving back and forth during the week to Dan’s place it wasn’t doable until November when Dan moved in. Now that we are able to we really wanted to do our research and look for a good one to adopt. In the past I have had two pound puppies that really worked out and I loved, and growing up we had a cocker spaniel my parents got from friends that were breeders, so I knew I either wanted to save a puppy at the pound or get a cocker spaniel. We went to a few pounds a few different times, even used petfinder.com, but had no luck. All the pounds either didn’t have dogs (which was surprising but great) or had only some type of pit-bull mix(not happening). We contacted my parents friends that were breeders, but they no longer breed and didn’t know anyone that did, I then contacted breeders online with no response (weird), so just when I was about to give up, my sister informed me that one of her student’s parents were breeders of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, and that they had brought in their litter, three baby girl puppies that were 8 weeks old, for her to see. I couldn’t believe she had not told me before but right away she called them and had they come to her house for me to meet one of the puppies!! She was so cute!!! I couldn’t say no! Then when they said they would be keeping the runt I couldn’t split the other two up!! Danny thought it would be a good idea to get two anyways so they could keep each other company, so now we are getting not one but two puppies!! I am so excited we pick them up Saturday, this week we will be preparing the house and getting all the puppy stuff we need. I will post lots of pictures when we get them!! Here is one from my cell phone.

No comments: