Thursday, August 20, 2009

What a horrible week!

Last Thursday I got an early morning phone call that my grandfather had passed away, he was 89, had not been doing well for a while now, and we had been "preparing" for this, but no matter what you do it is still hard. Yes he lived a long happy life, was right here close to all my family and he is now with my grandmother who died when I was 7, but even when people tell you those things it really doesnt help, at least for right now. I think the hardest thing was seeing my dad so upset, I have never seen him so upset. I think as men get older they get more emotional, or maybe it was that he hid it well when I was little, but it just killed my sister and I. My grandpa was always there for us and will be missed very much. I just love this picture of him when he was young, he had won a cutest iceman contest, iceman, ahh the olden days!

1 comment:

The Golden Years said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather passing away :( I'll say a prayer for you and your family. The photo of him is great.. I love having photos like that of my grandparents to look back on.