Monday, February 23, 2009

I know this is delayed...

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines day! I have been so busy at work I haven't had time to write a post. We had a wonderful day just the two of us, relaxing at home. We took turns cooking for each other, Dan made Breakfast and Dinner, I made Lunch and Dessert...I thought I would share some of the recipes...

Dan made Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes for Breakfast


And for Dinner he made Braciole

They were both so yummy!! Some of my favorite things he makes, the picture of the braciole, doesnt do it justice...my camera phone!

For Lunch I made one of my family recipes that Dan loves, Spaghetti Carbonara , I have to say its not the healthiest, but its heavenly.

1 lb Spaghetti
8 oz. Bacon
½ cup Heavy Cream
4 tablespoons Butter
3 Eggs
3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 250, boil water for spaghetti, make as directed, melt 2 tablespoons butter in pan and add 8 oz chopped bacon, cook bacon until crispy, add ½ cup cream and set aside. Put empty casserole dish into oven (until hot). Beat together three eggs and ½ cup parmesan cheese, set aside. Drain pasta and put in hot casserole dish, add egg mixture, 2 tablespoons butter, and bacon mixture, top with parmesan, and serve immediately.

And then for dessert I made mini chocolate cookie cakes and topped them with cookie dough ice cream, yummy!!

No comments: