Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend Recap

What a busy weekend, like all of them it just flew by!



The weekend started off kind of rough...at my job we get every other Friday off, but we hadn't had one in over a month because of tropical storm Fay makeup days...fun! So this was my first Friday off since Labor day weekend, and I get a phone call from my sister Thursday night that the littlest baby girl, Payton was sick and they needed someone to watch her...in comes Aunt Molly. Turns out she was fine the next day so we had a nice day of playing, eating, and a long nap. Dan and I left their house around 7 after watching some baseball in my brother-in-law's new Chicago theme man room (he converted the old one so they have room for the new nursery) to have a nice dinner out and then home for me to crash.


Saturday up early to make stuffed French toast, and do some stuff around the house. Then our usual Saturday lunch routine Parmesan garlic fries, Cajun wings, and college football at our favorite sports bar then Publix for grocery shopping. After we put away the groceries I decided to leave Dan to his football and run some errands for the baby shower in two weeks. I accomplished so much...found beautiful teacups and saucers for the favors, ordered the dessert platters for the tea, bought a damask pink tablecloth, a new cream teapot and matching sugar/honey/lemon bowl, a three tire serving platter, a teacart playset for my nieces, and two punch drink dispensers...wow, thats a lot! Plus some more fall stuff and a rug for one of the guestrooms, but that has nothing to do with the shower...oops! After shopping I came home to relax and finish cooking the homemade chicken soup I started in the morning. It turned out really yummy and was even better the next day...and today.

Sunday was the best day of the weekend, I finally used the spa package I got from Dan for my birthday...first a massage, it was so great and I could barely function after, he knew exactly what was causing my shoulder tension...typing! Then a manicure and pedicure, OPI has these beautiful French inspired fall colors, I got "I'm fondue of you!", very pretty wine mauvish color, not as brick as the picture looks. Last but not least a hair cut and style...the head massage was the best part, I never look very different after hair cuts, it was just a trim I guess. To wrap up the day a nice lunch and champagne, yummy! With the massage and champagne combo I was ready for a nap, home to relax and enjoy a nice dinner Dan cooked on the grill.

No comments: