Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

What a busy weekend!

It started out with me leaving work early on Friday to have a Photofacial...this was interesting! I had first researched it because I thought my face was a little too red, most likely from too many visits to the tanning bed when I was younger, and decided to try it. Turns out from others before pictures I am not that "red" after all. It hurt a lot worse than I thought it would, not bad, but annoying, we will see if the results are worth it in a few weeks. After the medspa I drove to Dan's old place where we were spending the weekend, after one stop for a few baby gifts for the shower it was a relaxing night of movies and Chinese food.

Saturday was a gorgeous day for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, sunny, breezy and not one drop of rain. We had a wonderful time, we got there early and did a couple of regular Epcot things, which I had never done before, and then hit the World Showcase for the festival, so good!! The first round I didn't do that much wine and did food mostly, Austria and Morocco were the best foodwise! I of course had to do the Norway ride, I love it! Its silly and from the 70's or 80's but I love it regardless! The second round I did more wine and champagne, just enough not too much! My favorite Rose Regale I even found at a kiosk in Italy that wasn't part of the festival, yay! made my day. The best country for wine was by far Germany, but I like sweet whites. After an exhausting, but fun day we went home to take a nap, hit the grocery store then after much insisting I got Dan to put in some old videos of him playing college basketball...too cute!

On Sunday I got up early to make sausage balls for my parents birthday party, then off to the party at my Aunt and Uncle's house, so convenient that Dan still has his place it only took us 20 minutes to get there. Heavy hors d'oeuvres and mimosas to start the party, then presents, a wonderful dinner, lots of talking, football and then dessert, wow thats a lot of eating...It was a great day and I was able to borrow two beautiful teapots from my aunt that will go great with the baby shower decor for this weekend. Home to Dan's old place where I was in a food comma and Dan finished watching football. What a busy food filled weekend! Thank goodness the weather was unbelievable!

No comments: