Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tea time

So my only sibling, my sister that is about 3 years older than me, is pregnant with her third little girl. I just love spoiling family and friends, especially when they are pregnant, so this is a great reason to have a wonderful celebration. I thought since this is baby number three I would do something a little different than a baby shower, so I decided to have an afternoon tea in her honor. Lots of great foods, savory and sweet, teas, punch, champagne, for those who can drink it, tea cups with tea bags as favors, just enough beautiful flowers, linens and decorations to still be elegant, and I finally get to use my fine china. Right now the menu is just a draft (I always have way too much food) I am thinking...a really elegant cake, not made by me, cake balls, chicken salad tarts (a request from the mommy), finger sandwiches, mini quiches, these little pastry appetizers that we love, scones, chocolate covered strawberries, rose punch (found online ::fingers crossed::), at least three flavored teas, and Rosa Regale champagne, my favorite!!
And for decorations I am going to get a couple of flower arrangements done in teapots, make a clothesline of new baby clothes to hang like party streamers or a banner and make my diaper cake that I do for all my friends. We decided not to have any games just to have the tea and enjoy the food.

1 comment:

Buford Betty said...

Sounds lovely! Take pics! Thanks for your comment on my blog by the way. :-)