Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What's cookin: Cuban Pork Roast



My boyfriend and I both love to cook, and love the Food Network, so a lot of meals get inspired from there. Right after we saw Bobby Flay's Cuban pork roast Throwdown, I searched for a good Cuban pork roast recipe(that didnt require the fancy box the winners used), and did I sure find one. This has now become Dan's and others favorite dish I make and it is so simple!! Crock Pot cooking is so wonderful! I now have the dry rub premixed in a big jar and just have to add the orange and olive oil when making it. Yummy, and easy...doesn't get much better!

Ingredients:
2 tbs ground cumin
2 tbs black pepper
2 tbs garlic, granulated
2 tbs salt
2 tbs dried oregano
2 tbs Spanish paprika
juice of 1/2 orange
zest of 1 orange
3 tbs olive oil
4 pounds pork shoulder

Directions:
1-Combine dried ingredients with zest orange juice and olive oil, mix well to form a wet paste

2-Rub this paste all over the roast

3-Place in Crock Pot on low for about 5-6 hours or until extremely tender.

2 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

OMG! I LOVE pumpkin, too!!! These things look so delicious:) I love your blog!!!

Molly said...

You are too cute!!