Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Closet Fabric

So since I have no patience and had a four day weekend, Friday I took the day to go fabric shopping, so I wouldn't have to wait two weeks for Jo-Ann's. I hit up Hancocks, then my favorite Boca Bargoons and found this fabric. At first I thought it was a little busy but then after I told the guy helping me it was for a closet he said I could go a little busy...we will see...


Since there was so many patterns going on we couldn't decide what was best so here were the choices...




I decided on this one.


Luckily I had an old cornice and I just had to cover it. Pretty easy job with a staple gun.





But since the pattern was horizontal and the fabric was only 55 inches wide and the cornice was 64, I had to make it in 3 pieces.


Ta-dah, the finished project!

Then Dan tried to come up with ideas to use the extra fabric...


Puppy outfit.


Very cool head scarf. Okay not so much! But he gets credit for being creative and cute!

1 comment:

Kate Spears said...

this is a great little project....i'd love to see pics of it hanging over the window! i just found your sweet pea blog and now i'm your newest follower! would love to have you visit me over at southern belle simple! xoxo, kate