Monday, July 19, 2010

Teen Reality Show Rant!

Growing up a dancer and the fact that I can't carry a tune, has made me be a bigger fan of So You Think You Can Dance more so than American Idol. I have actually never watched one episode of American Idol and have never missed an Episode of SYTYCD. Its such a great show for dance, I have even saved dances that I have loved, it drives Dan crazy because it clogs up our DVR. But its different now, is this season's format driving anyone else crazy? I am not happy with the change! I knew last season their move to Fall would have lower ratings because its normally a Summer show, but thats no reason to change it once its back on in the Summer!

1. Only having a top 10 and bringing back "all-stars". Granted some all-stars I loved, but they had their 30 seconds of fame, give new dancers a chance. Plus I think people will be biased on their partners since most have an opinion already on the all-stars.

2. Mia Michaels...I miss Mary Murphy!!! Even Dan says "I think that would have made it on the hot tamale train!" Haha!! I just fast forward through Mia Michaels, so not fun, and most of the time mean. I think of her on Brandon two seasons ago, was so mean to him and kept saying I dont see it, then changed her tune when he was in the finales!

3. Making it top 11 so they could have an extra boy, just make it top 12 then to make it even!

I think they can tell the new format isn't working, only voting off one person a week is showing them that I think only teenie-bopper girls are voting and for all the boys, so girls arent making it, right now there is only one left, luckily she was my favorite girl, but its crazy! Hope next seasons format is back to normal!

1 comment:

Kate Spears said...

hey girlie....i love your adorable blog and i've given you a blogger award today! hope you're having a wonderful week!

http://southernbellesimple.blogspot.com/2010/07/oh-my-goodness-oh-my-goodness.html