Sunday, July 11, 2010

Impromptu Pool Party


Last weekend it seemed everyone had plans for the 4th but nothing going on the 3rd, so what was going to be just a relaxing day of Danny, Carrie and I by the pool ended up being a really fun pool party with all my girls...Tara, Lia, and Amy and their boys.

The pool has never looked better since Dan moved in a took over, yay free pool boy!




I made buffalo chicken dip since I had all of the ingredients, so that was easy, grabbed some shrimp to make shrimp cocktail, grabbed two sandwich wheels from Publix, Carrie brought homemade spinach dip and bread, Tara brought steak skewers, Amy brought wine and I made up a punch to use the blueberry vodka I already had and wanted to make it festive for the fourth...

2 cups Blueberry Vodka
4 cups Oceanspray Blueberry Juice
2 cups lemonade
2 cups blueberries 1/2 muddled, 1/2 frozen and added for a colorful alternative to ice cubes



It was a huge hit, even the boys loved it and I had to refill!
The day was so fun and super easy and stress free since it wasn't planned and was just casual. Glad it turned out to be a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oooh that punch sounds awesome! I bet it was beautiful too. Thanks for the recipe idea!