Monday, July 12, 2010

Diaper Cake Time Again


My mom is throwing a baby shower for her best friend's daughter-in-law this Sunday. I have never met her before, but since I am very close to her best friend and she has done so much for me, I am going to go and help celebrate her first grandson being born! The nursery and shower theme is turtles and like I do for every shower a diaper cake is being made...


It is a lot harder to make one for a boy I am finding, but the basics can still be added to it, just none of the little bows girly stuff.

I was having a hard time finding stuff at first, nothing at Target, Walmart, and only two receiving blankets and an iguana outfit (okay its not a turtle, but its still a little green animal) at Bealls Outlet.


Then yesterday I was taking back a top to TJ Maxx and found so much great stuff, some our frogs, not turtles, but I would take any green little animal at this point and they are so cute...



Hope it turns out cute! I am also in charge of favors, I am thinking of turtle shape fancy cookies, like cookie bouquets, in a nice clear bag with green and blue ribbons... we will see if I can find a turtle cookie cutter in time.

****Great news, I found this one on Amazon for $1.50 plus shipping and handling!


I think I will cut off the bottom of the tail though.

No comments: