Friday, January 22, 2010

Engagement Photo session outfit

Our engagement photo session is this Tuesday and I can’t wait! It was suppose to be two weeks ago, but we had to cancel because of the cold snap, and thank goodness we did because it gave us more time to come up with outfits! I had an idea for the first outfit but couldn’t find my dress black wrap dress, so I was on a mission to find a new black shirt dress and finally found the perfect one this passed week. Here is some of my inspiration...
I just loved Reese Witherspoon’s outfit in Four Christmases, and this photo I took out of Town and Country, sorry its wrinkle, a little old. And I thought they would look very nice paired with Dan’s black Sport Coat and jeans look.

I thought I had a dress so only needed to buy accessories, so I was looking for a bright red chunky necklace and a red pocket square for Dan, just to add a little color. I found both last weekend, and then realized this passed week I had no idea where my dress was so I decided to try and find a really nice shirt dress online.


I found this one at Talbots.com on sale but it wasn’t at the store and I was worried it wouldn’t get here in time with shipping.


Then I found this one at Ann Taylor Loft, sans the belt and fancier in person, and bought it, it was a little casual, but adding a dressier belt and accessories I thought would dress it up some.


Then I walked next door to Coldwater Creek to see if they had any bright tops for the second outfit(which I still havent come up with by the way), and found the perfect Black shirt dress, its dressier and has a very vintage feel, and came with a better belt than pictured. I took back the Ann Taylor dress and am all set for look #1 for our engagement session, now to figure out look two before Tuesday! I know it will be the casual look with a nice solid bright top and jeans and Dan in a button down with a stripe of the same color and jeans, but that’s all I got...

No comments: