Thursday, January 28, 2010

Invitations


The invitations have arrived, and they turned out very pretty I think!


Now to put them all together... I never realized how much work is involved.


To save time and since I have horrible handwriting, we opted for the envelope icing, which I thought was pretty much the only thing we had to do besides put them together.
Not so much...

1. Use the glue dots to insert the inner envelope liner.
2. Put the names on the outside of the inner envelope. (Which I did not know about)
3. Put stamps on the RSVP.
4. Stuff the inner envelope with the RSVP and invitation.
5. Add the envelope icing to the outer envelope.
6. Put stamps on the outer envelope.
7. Seal the envelope.
8. Go to post office and make sure we have enough postage.
9. Go to post office and get them hand canceled.


So far I put all the liners in the inner envelope. I want to practice before writing the names on the inner envelope, luckily it’s the shorter name, only Mr. and Mrs. SoNSo, and no address of course, but I still hate writing it, plus I want to go get a pink pen to match the other names ink. I still have two more weeks before they go and I want to wait for Valentine’s Day stamps at the post office so I have some time still. It was so neat to see them though, its so official when its all written out to see, once again, I am so excited!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your invitations! Kent and I used the same colors in our wedding. And honey, you should know by now that nothing is ever as cut and dry as it seems when it comes to weddings... the projects never end!

I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It was so thoughtful and encouraging. I hope you and your husband have a wonderful wedding. He's a lucky man!